Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TourGuide

Friday the 13th’s 1v7 teen horror slashing into May

13 posts in this topic

1v7 horrorshow Friday the 13th: The Game [official site] will launch on May 26th, developers IllFonic announced over the weekend. I’m not saying it’s illegal for them to not wait until Friday the 13th of October but it is immoral and we should have laws against this. IllFonic have turned the slasher movies into an objective-oriented slashfest where a team of teens at summer camp need to avoid and fend off Jason Voorhees while they try to secure an escape route or get help. The initial release will be multiplayer-only, with singleplayer due to follow this summer. Here, having a look at these stabbings (and burnings, headcrushings, carpunches…):

Your man Jason wants to murder teenagers, see. The teenagers find his intentions conflicts with their own plans for their time at Camp Crystal Lake (and beyond), so they decline to comply. While Jace roams around using his supernatural powers to track and murder teenagers, the younguns try to escape or get help. They might repair the phone system to call the rozzers and grass Jace up, fix a car and drive away, or repair a boat to cross Crystal Lake – the usual sorts of ambitious plans that tend to end in impalement.

Teens can also fight back. Jace might be nigh-on immortal but give him enough of a kicking and he’ll feel it. So off you all go, scampering around procedurally-generated maps to scavenge, hide, fight, and repair, while the Jace player attempts to collect your skulls for coffee table talking pieces.

There will be a handful of us playing it too, which will be nice. 

People that will be getting it:

Tour

Rich

Donald

JAG

Brian

Rich and I are having a blast.  Where is everyone else?

The skinny:

Groups are broken, but it's pretty easy to join a game and invite someone.

The community seems to be very friendly thus far.

There are animations bugs for kills, but when it does happen, it usually just adds humor to the game.

Overall, it's fun to play, but nothing to take seriously.  They are patching things on day two, so it's a good sign from the dev team and I'm happy with my purchase.

7 hours ago, Solitude said:

I'll be around tonight

Servers might not be.  They severely misjudged how many people would buy the game and the servers have been down most of the day.  They are currently migrating to a 'beefier' server package, shrug.  I can give the small company and 4 man dev team a little leeway, but that's because I know how fun the game is already.  Others that haven't played yet, are absolutely killing them on social media, lol.

With that said, playing a private game is on a local client server and is an option for playing.  (just no leveling)

Well it appears that grouping is fixed and the servers have been so much better the last 24 hours.  Been having a blast with Rich, Ian, Sorvad, JAG, and Matt.  We can get 8 TAC into one game, so if you're feeling froggy......