TourGuide

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week

18 posts in this topic

Ubisoft announces an open beta test for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands will start one week from today on February 23rd, and will run through February 27th. UbiBlog celebrates the news with a new trailer and a repost of the system specifications for the tactical shooter. Here's word on the testing and preloads:

Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Open Beta will be available to all players from February 23rd to 27th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC. Players eager to jump into the Ghost’s boots and tame the Wildlands will be able to pre-load the Open Beta starting this Monday, February 20th, 2017.

Each player entering this Open Beta will get access to an exclusive mission – the “Unidad Conspiracy” mission, in which players will spark a war between the Unidad, a local corrupt militia group, and the Santa Blanca cartel – by playing the full game before March 31st, using the same Ubisoft account.

The Open Beta will introduce players to two provinces among the 21 of the final game: Itacua, a flourishing and mountainous province where the grip of the cartel is looser, ideal to perfect your sniping skills and get introduced to the Wildlands. Montuyoc, set in the snowy Altiplano, and the second province available in this Open Beta, is much more challenging – players who have suppressed the Itacua bosses will gain XP and skills boosts allowing them to face this dangerous area, home to Santa Blanca elite training centers. Players can of course confront Montuyoc right away… at their own risk.

As in the full game, all the content in the Open Beta will be playable with up to three friends on the same platform via four player co-op, or in single player. Players are free to utilise a large variety of vehicles, tactical equipment and weapons to get the job done.

Set in the largest action-adventure open world ever created by Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in Bolivia, a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into a narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any and all missions.

How else are they going to show assets ripped from The Division.  It doesn't look that bad for 3rd person tbh.  Be nice if it could be played 1st person though.

I've played it for both PS4 and PC and I prefer PC.  I also have pre-ordered it.  I am actually excited for this game.  As for the division.. I don't feel like it the game has the same feel at all but that might just be me and the fanboy I've become for this title.

I've played the beta a bit and while it's a beautiful game I just don't see myself making this purchase.  The play style is akin to the Division which is fun, but without any PvP I feel the game will become repetitive and boring.

Clancy and CoD are fucking lazy - they keep re-skinning their shit products.

I don't know why you say it's a re-skin.  The games don't even use the same game engine FFS.

9 hours ago, Girdeux said:

I don't know why you say it's a re-skin.  The games don't even use the same game engine FFS.

For the longest stretch, it WAS a reskin - then they decided you needed to double jump or some dumb shit.

This is less of a reskin of the Division and more a confluence of existing ip's and their assets brought together to revitalize an aging IP.   That said the beta was fun for a while but got old quick.  The co-op AI was deplorably bad and at times laughably ridiculous.  The enemy AI was decent but the behaviour is nothing we haven't seen before in any of the recent Far Cry titles.  In its current state this game will do well for the first month then start showing up en-masse in bargain bins everywhere.  However:

" Ubisoft recently confirmed a PvP mode to be added after launch, but no details have been shared. Perhaps this will be the key to the game’s longevity owing to bragging rights of the top players, and a go-to destination for people looking to mix things up between grand-scale Battlefield, cat-and-mouse Call of Duty and the grindfests of Destiny and The Division. "

That, if true, could make this game a no brainer.  Uplay as always will be a determining factor at the end of the day though.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:09 PM, BigRich said:

This is less of a reskin of the Division and more a confluence of existing ip's and their assets brought together to revitalize an aging IP.   That said the beta was fun for a while but got old quick.  The co-op AI was deplorably bad and at times laughably ridiculous.  The enemy AI was decent but the behaviour is nothing we haven't seen before in any of the recent Far Cry titles.  In its current state this game will do well for the first month then start showing up en-masse in bargain bins everywhere.  However:

" Ubisoft recently confirmed a PvP mode to be added after launch, but no details have been shared. Perhaps this will be the key to the game’s longevity owing to bragging rights of the top players, and a go-to destination for people looking to mix things up between grand-scale Battlefield, cat-and-mouse Call of Duty and the grindfests of Destiny and The Division. "

That, if true, could make this game a no brainer.  Uplay as always will be a determining factor at the end of the day though.

The friendly AI is OP if you bother giving them any orders or use the synch shot.

The PVP will be fun for about a week, then everyone will have hacks and it'll lose it's appeal real fast.

45 minutes ago, Wormfood said:

The friendly AI is OP if you bother giving them any orders or use the synch shot.

The PVP will be fun for about a week, then everyone will have hacks and it'll lose it's appeal real fast.

Exactly, hense why I'm looking forward to the SP.  My kid wakes up in the middle of the night with a problem.. I can hit pause.

1 hour ago, Wormfood said:

Well if PvP is already fucked there is absolutely no reason for me to buy it. 

21 hours ago, TourGuide said:

Well if PvP is already fucked there is absolutely no reason for me to buy it. 

It technically isn't already fucked since it doesn't exist yet. But, I have seen the future and the future is hacks and shit.

What orders do you give the Friendly AI?  Shoot? Attack? Stand over there?  They literally stand around mid firefight until you get hit.. unless you tell them to engage FIRST.  I had Narcos and Ghost team members standing around on stairs together. 

In hindsight, while I had fun during the open beta, this game feels like a mod for Far Cry 4.  Its as if Far Cry 4 and The Division had a night of drunken sex and 9 months later out came Ghost Recon WL. Not saying thats a bad thing necessarily, just don't pull a bunch of parts off old cars then try and sell me a Cadillac. 

The only two that matter is synch shot, it does what it says and you want to be somewhat sneaky. The other is attack, that turns them into invincible terminators that will charge through a town or base and wipe everybody out in seconds.

Bullets kill you fast but the crazy AI make the hardest difficulty a cake walk.

Had fun. Pre-ordered. PVP would be a blast with a bunch of you homos.