TourGuide

Call of Duty Returning to its Roots

Thurrott.com has quotes from Activision Blizzard's earning conference call acknowledging disappointment in the performance of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (thanks HARDOCP). "Infinite Warfare had a ton of great gameplay innovations," explains Activision Blizzard COO Eric Hirshberg. "But it also had a setting that didn’t appeal to all of our fans." As a result, he says, the game will return to its "roots," though that may just mean coming back from the future, as the original CoD was set during World War II. Here's what Hirshberg says about this year's installment in the military shooter series:

In 2017, Activision will take Call of Duty back to its roots, and traditional combat will once again take center stage. This is what our dedicated community of Call of Duty players and Sledgehammer Games, developing this year’s title, are the most excited about

I still very much enjoy BO2.  The matchmaking system still pisses me off from time to time... Mostly the inability to get rid of griefers.  

On 2/13/2017 at 3:36 PM, UsAfBrAn said:

I'd play a updated version of MW2 or BO2 on a new engine. 

I still swear MW2 was my favorite Call of Duty for multiplayer.  Fuck I miss our OGL days.  Might also have a soft spot towards the game because that's when you guys invited me to join TAC.