Sign in to follow this  
Witness

More info about Modern Warfare 2. Two words: Heartbeat Sensor

Witness

The heartbeat sensor displays the rough location of nearby enemiesTyler Wilde over at GamesRadar has a sneak peek review of the Modern Warfare beta that he played for a bit. Let's get his overall assessment out of the way first: Modern Warfare 2 is the absolute fucking shit.

Some of the new perks included in the game are Bling (allows you to have two attachments on a weapon at once - red dot sight plus suppressor anyone?), Scavenger (allows you to pick up ammunition and grenades from dead soldiers on the ground) and Commando (provides an extra large kill radius for melee attacks). Perks will be upgradeable in ways only dreamed of before. Secondary weapons aren't just sidearms - machine pistols, shotguns and various rocket/missile launchers are among the new choices. Attachments have been expanded as well to include a thermal scope, tactical knife and the aforementioned heartbeat sensor for those players (like me!) missing their old pal from the Rainbow 6 series of games.

In short, it looks like Modern Warfare is going to be the fucking shit. And personally, I can't wait for it to come out. Come on November 10th! :D

Read the entire article here.

Antisocial

Sounds like crap to me. So now they have heartbeat sensors AND uav AND Marty AND last stand AND pistols that shoot 3 too far with too much power and accuracy?

Then they added this BS

I was the proud (part-time) owner of an AC-130!

Activating this baby dropped me into the familiar black and white overhead view from the mother of all gunships, and I started raining depleted uranium death down upon the enemy team. Enemy targets were easy to distinguish from friendlies, as the baddies all had red squares around them, highlighting them clear as day. The AC-130 lasted quite a while, easily long enough to rack up a whole new batch of kills and to set the other team running scared. The Predator missile, which I was able to use a couple times during my session, is similarly cool, flying down from above to strike at any enemy target, and powerful enough to get the kill even when they're behind cover. You have to think fast and be quick to pick a target, and you can get the business over with extremely quickly and precisely by kicking in the afterburners and boosting the missile towards its unlucky victim.

If this can't be disabled in game I'll probably choose to skip it. Way over powered for a multiplayer shooter.

Arcade anyone?

Witness

UAVs and AC-130s can be shot down... There's a balance to everything, Anti... Jesus Christ, yer such a downer about everything.

Antisocial

I do use Anti for a reason.

You can shoot them down, OCCASIONALLY. The ac130 has counter measures in game from all the video's I've seen. Flares, that type of thing.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I just think they've taken it way to far. They should have at least removed last stand and marty to balance it out.

Wormfood

Heartbeat sensor, so do they have jammers and false heartbeat signals like in Rainbow six? Probably not, those bastards.

I'm gonna have to agree with Anti on this one, AC130's that fly around for a long time and make enemies stick out like sore thumbs. No sidearms but shotguns, machine pistols or rocket launchers instead? Hell why not just make it like Quake where I can carry a dozen weapons.

TourGuide

Well I think the game sounds great and I can't wait to try it out. I'll wait to establish an opinion on balance issues and the like until I actually play it, then I'll bitch. :D

Antisocial

Well if I'm sure if it's too crappy there'll be a pro-mod or something that can disable it in a couple of months.

Witness
Heartbeat sensor, so do they have jammers and false heartbeat signals like in Rainbow six? Probably not, those bastards.

Um, those didn't come until Raven Shield. FYI, there were heartbeat sensors (and no countermeasures for them) in Rainbow Six, Eagle Watch, Rogue Spear, Urban Operations and Black Thorn. Every single one of those games rocked so hard that I get wood just thinking about them.

Antisocial

Um, those didn't come until Raven Shield. FYI, there were heartbeat sensors (and no countermeasures for them) in Rainbow Six, Eagle Watch, Rogue Spear, Urban Operations and Black Thorn. Every single one of those games rocked so hard that I get wood just thinking about them.

It's not the individual addons that's the problem, it's when they are all put together that it's out of control. We won't know until it comes out I suppose, but it just seems like I should be inserting a quarter somewhere.

Antisocial

A couple of the other new rewards are the Sentry Gun, an automated machine gun which is great for defending flags in CTF and bomb sites in Sabotage

Cod fortress, yeah..

<_<

Antisocial

I'm going to quit posting in here now since it's making me depressed.

But I will add that if I buy this game, Rexxy better get his ass online and play.

Antisocial

And I point you to Rexxy's comment when Tour brought up adding me to TAC. No one can claim you weren't warned!!! Besides, if I go in negative and it turns out good I'm pleasantly surprised, if it sucks I didn't expect much anyway so no loss B)

Anti - Average raw talent, but he shows up ALL the time. Anti will start slow on most games, get his ass kicked around & be on the bottom 3rd of the score sheet. If he stays with any game, he'll develop strats that work for him (some pretty unconventional) and he'll perform better & better as time goes on. Anti is one negative SOB at times, but it's funny after a while if you know that that's his M.O.

Witness

Ah we love you, ya tool. Now get yer ass online to play! Now! I've got the DarknStormys flowing!

Antisocial
So has anyone read that the PC version will not have dedicated servers?

Who let you out of the barrel?

No dedicated servers, old news. it's definitely making some of us think twice.

Fish

Could you enlighten me on why this is an issue because I don't really understand it. Does this mean that TAC can't have their own server?

BTW, I've always been out of the barrel :P

Antisocial
Could you enlighten me on why this is an issue because I don't really understand it. Does this mean that TAC can't have their own server?

BTW, I've always been out of the barrel :P

We have a whole other thread about this mess but I don't think you have access.

In a nut shell...

NO leaning

Max 9v9

NO dedicated servers

From screen shots etc looks like really small maps, think Bog

And the list keeps growing. Frankly this is a game designed top to bottom for console gamers, and no effort at all was made for pc play. It's going to suck monkey nuts.

Wormfood

It's starting to look like thos damn devs are trying to turn me away from this game...and it's really starting to work.