Sign in to follow this  
Marauder

Warhammer

Marauder

Anybody thinkin about picking up Warhammer? I'll be picking this one up for sure, pvp looks great. Here's a couple links.

http://thegreenskin.com/2008/08/19/charact...our-set-videos/

http://thegreenskin.com/2008/08/20/squig-herder-pets-video/

name="width=425 height=344" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

name="width=425 height=344" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Marauder

Atleast this ones not about PVE, you get to face stomp people in huge pvp battles. And i mean huge....Its made by the same people that did Dark Age of Camelot, which had the best pvp system in any MMO ive seen to date. 100-200-300 man zerg fights...its fun as hell. =D

Antisocial

Fatguys is definately getting it, I'm probably 80% likely to. I played DAOC for 2 years, it was a blast. We'll probably be chaos though, I want either a Black Orc or Chosen.

"Evil always wins because good is stupid" ... Darkhelmet (or something to that effect)

fatguy

Already bought it, was playing all day yesterday with my 2 friends in open beta and havin a blast. And dont worry wit, ill still be around to shoot people in the face in CoD.

I still have some worries about the game though but mainly due to age of conan's eventual suck past the early levels. I haven't seen how much content is actually in the game aside from the newer areas, but so far it looks promising.

Dropzone

I know quite a few people that are playing this now, and they all say it is exceptionally good. I agree that DAoC was a great game, I loved it. However, I have thrown in the MMO towel. I am done with them basically. With games like fallout3 coming... I will have games to play.

crossfire

I am all game free due to being a broke ass. Oh and its that whole getting life after divorce without killing a bitch thing to.

BTW if any politician makes it law that you can slap bitches and not go to jail, I dont care what else they stand for, I am voting for em. :)

Marauder

Anybody happen to have an extra beta key layin around? Or a Fileplanet account with access to one? Bestbuy fucked up my pre order and didnt give me my key...

fatguy

Best buy did the same thing to me for Conan, and apparently they have done the same thing for other people who preorder games there in the past. Best buy online sucks, but sorry no extra key. Also, are you gonna play order or destruction on launch and do you have a server picked?

Marauder

Still tryin to decide what and where to play....but it looks like im not even gonna get the bonus items for the preorder, OR the headstart, seeing as how i paid for there best shipping, which will get the game at my door 2 days after release.....

fatguy

Yea, thats why i just got it from direct2drive, i think me and my friends decided we are gonna play Order. It will probably be on one of those open rvr servers, not sure what they are called exactly.

aragul

"Open" = similar to WoW PvP servers where everyone is RvR flagged everywhere. Unfortunately, you'll get turned into a chicken if you ever enter a lower tier zone.

"Core" = normal ruleset, similar to WoW PvE. It's running on the open beta servers now. I'd prefer to play this style; I like to keep RvR and PvE separate.

I don't really care if I play Order or Destruction for lore reasons. I just don't want to be on the overpopulated side waiting in queues.

fatguy

Well im pretty sure on most servers destruction is gonna be very overpopulated. When i was a greenskin id wait to join a pvp scenario four ~hour, on dwarf it took 2 seconds to join. On chaos took 2-10 minutes, on empire it took 10-20 seconds lol. Thats just for the tier 1 scenarios though.

Also i gotta say i like the open RVR, makes it feel more like a war goin on. Sure youll get ganked every now and then but if i see an enemy player i want to kill them not /wave. Ill do /wave when their corpse is at my feet :P

Antisocial

I'm with Fatguy, also I found my class... Shadow Warrior. I bought the game because Mythic makes great pvp games, DAOC pvp still gives me the warm fuzzies! No CareBear servers for me!

Mar, cancel your bestbuy order and get it from Direct2drive. You will get better items in a week doing pvp than the bonus item.

If you get it from direct2drive, get their download client. Without you'll get about 150k a sec download, with it you get 800k.

I like the chicken thing, besides being hysterical it gets rid of the lowbie ganker noobs.

Marauder

I would cancel it but they already billed me, even though they state that you wont be billed until it ships. I just dont feel like fucking with it anymore.

TourGuide

I'll probably be picking it up this weekend, make sure you guys post where you are playing and faction.

Antisocial
I'll probably be picking it up this weekend, make sure you guys post where you are playing and faction.

Woot.

BigRich

I got the CE but the fuggin keys aren't active until thurs. so i can't create an account.

They really need to work on that preorder key bs.

Marauder

So i logged into Bestbuys website this morning to check my "PREORDER" status and it says this. Status: Backordered, usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks.

Antisocial

Welcome to Bestbuy, seriously dude call them up and get your money back. Then go get it from Direct2drive. They did the same bs to Fatguy on Conan, they may actually be the worst Online game retailer in the history of man.

Fatguy played my Conan account for like a week when I wasn't on waiting for his Bestbuy order.

Witness
Belay my last, I probably won't be picking this up.

Thank you, Lord.

Antisocial

Tour is too big a nub to play...

Wit isn't allowed to talk since in the last week he's on about 5 minutes and disappears.

Witness

Bah. I was on for a good chunk on Friday night. Since Monday, tho, my cable's been on the blink. I have a tech coming out tomorrow to look at it. Viva Spore (and fatguy's care package) for the downtime! ;)