Sign in to follow this  
Witness

Rock Band

Ok, I'm getting hooked on this stupid game. I think I've played about 25 songs on the drums and was the singer or guitar player on about 15 more. My niece has the game on PS3 and I spent about 6 hours playing it on Easter. ;) What's aggravating tho, is that you have to play ahead of the beat a bit to compensate for the latency inherent in the system. Really fucks me up - I'm playing dead on and the fucking game says I'm missing. Gah. I think I'm gonna go to their house after work and play some more today. Hehe...

Nice Bruce! That game is fun, and it is cool to make an "over the top" rock star. I have a singer named Rob Rokkit, and a guitarist named "Blaze". I figured some great guitarist have one name... Slash, Edge...etc. So I layered his insturments in flames with his name.

Try singing and playing drums or guitar for more of a challenge. The game is definently fun, however I need a hutch or something to put the drums away, and the guitars (got 4 of em now).

Ok, I'm getting hooked on this stupid game. I think I've played about 25 songs on the drums and was the singer or guitar player on about 15 more. My niece has the game on PS3 and I spent about 6 hours playing it on Easter. ;) What's aggravating tho, is that you have to play ahead of the beat a bit to compensate for the latency inherent in the system. Really fucks me up - I'm playing dead on and the fucking game says I'm missing. Gah. I think I'm gonna go to their house after work and play some more today. Hehe...

check the game options.. I know in GH3, you can configure the latency, so when you hear the beat, it is correct.

I might have to try the Wii version of guitar hero first....Probably a required course before taking on Rock band....

So, if-n I decide to buy me an Xblox 360, is there functionally any difference between the various models besides whether it has a HDD and its size? Would I be best served by getting a core system and then picking up a Serial ATA drive to toss in there?

So, if-n I decide to buy me an Xblox 360, is there functionally any difference between the various models besides whether it has a HDD and its size? Would I be best served by getting a core system and then picking up a Serial ATA drive to toss in there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Elite#Xbox_360_Elite

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...23100443AA4KyHr

I wouldn't recommend the "core" system. I have the "premium" version, and if you are not planning on downloading a crap load of demos/trials/marketplace content 20 gigs is plenty. If you want to do the demos / trials... 120 would be your best bet. But you can buy that seperately. One thing to note is that the hard drive is in it's own special mount on the system. It isn't a simple, open the box and slide in the hard drive. It has a special external mount on the console.

If I was gonna buy an x-box 360, I'd get this.

Ouch. Too many bucks. Wit = teh broke. Maybe I won't be getting one for a while.

Anyone have $500 smackers laying around?

ill give you 500 bucks

All you would have to do is not "smoke" for a week fatty....That should cover it...

(LOL....Sorry, too easy.... :P )

Well, I got stupid and signed up for one of those "we'll give you free shit if you sign up for 11ty offers" things. If I get 9 people referred to the thing that sign up and complete at least one offer, I can get a free Xblox 360 Elite.

If anyone's interested, completing the Stamps.com offer is pretty easy and costs about 45 cents (you sign up for a Stamps.com account from the US Postal Service, print out a stamp on an envelope at home, and cancel the account after 21 days and that's it - no further fuss/muss). So, if you're feeling like being a helpful person, follow the link and do the Stamps.com thing to help moi gets a Xblox. I would suggest using a gmail or yahoo account, just in case.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=4863268

Thanks, if anyone does this... ;)

That black elite 360 uses a Hitachi v79 dvd-drive which is a pain in the ass

to mod. If you dont have an HDtv Id go with the arcade version, you can

always upgrade it later.

Anyone else playing RSV2 yet? Terrorist hunt is too damn fun